Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26 2011: And now, a public service announcement

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the Christchurch earthquake. If you're reading this overseas, or even in New Zealand, and you want to help, the best thing is to donate to the NZ Red Cross: www.redcross.org.nz . Come on the diaspora, get in there!

Good on Kiwi Corner, the only New Zealand restaurant in Paris, for hosting a fundraising dinner on Tuesday night. Don't even bother trying to book, it was sold out within hours. And never mind the French, it will be wall to wall expat Kiwis. I think they could hold a fundraiser every night of the week and still book out. Please support this great "little restaurant that could" any other night that you can.

And don't worry about me - my family and friends are largely in the North Island so I don't know too many people affected by the quake. Seems like the few people I know in Chch have come out safe and sound, despite the shock. Kia kaha guys.

Now, back to our normal program schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment