Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spiderman and other superheroes

Just a quick blog from the airport train into KL. Clean, modern and free WiFi. Makes the RER B into Paris look pretty shabby. RATP, take note.

Anyway, it was a good flight from Paris last night (well it's morning now so I must have had a night). I checked in quite late, due to taking a fairly easy-going approach to getting to the airport, plus additional time spent wrestling the suitcase closed. No window seats, but I scored an aisle seat with three empty seats beside it. Result!

The in-flight announcements were in Bahasa Malay first, and they seemed to last a long time. When the pilot switched to English, I realised why. He was urging us to "fasten our seatbelts so we didn't end up stuck to the ceiling like Spiderman". Then he encouraged us to "smile - it makes you younger. If you smile for one hour you will be one year younger. So by the time we get to Kuala Lumpur, you will be eleven years younger!" It was about this point that I realised I was going to like Malaysian Airlines.

Good food, and the potential to watch all of the existing X-Men movies. But in the end I only watched two - the most recent, and the first one. James Macavoy as a young Professor X - fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment